Health – Summative application assignment
In class today, you all had the opportunity to work with others and apply the previously learned material of the food plate and food labels in the following assignment
OBJECTIVE: Your group has been asked to create a weeks worth of meal plans for a specific client with dietary guidelines. The weeks worth of meals must meet the food plate guidelines, based on a 2000 calorie diet, and list the total grams of protein, fat, and carbohydrates. Don’t forget to include the saturated fats and sugars! Remember that the meals should be balanced and meet the daily recommended amounts of servings.
- Divide up the work equally amongst your group.
- Research the type of diet your group was assigned.
- Why someone maybe on that specific diet?
- Perceived benefits/advantages and disadvantages
- Create the Meal plan
- Find/Research the total amount of calories, fats, proteins, and carbohydrates for each meal. You may have to add the components together.
- You must remember each day’s plan must not exceed 2000 calorie diet.
- Create a typed final presentation piece
- Make sure to include work cited and in text citations!